Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I may start wearing makeup in my late twenties...

So, I have never been a person who wears make-up. Sure there have been special occasions like prom, wedding, boredom... But as a general rule I have been pretty much naked faced for almost 27 years. The main reason is because I always felt make-up holds you back. What if I want to sweat, or cry, or go in a waterfall? You can't do this if you are wearing makeup without looking like some kind of kindergarten art project. It hinders spontaneity. The other reason I didn't is because I didn't want the real me to be the slightly less prettier version. You know those people (like Oprah) that when you see them with their makeup off it's scary. Wearing makeup then becomes a must because then if you don't have time to put it on you scare everybody with the duller version of yourself. (the real you) I just have never been able to handle that kind of commitment! The last reason was that I was fine with my natural look. And then I had kids... Now granted, having three children in three years did not change the look of my face. But it surely has changed everything else! There are things (two things to be exact) that are supposed to be perky that aren't anymore, the skin on my stomach looks like a road map with all my stretch marks, and I am pretty sure I use to have a belly button. But I can't change any of those things outside of some major surgery. But I can buy some make-up and start to look like a care a little about my appearance. My sweat pants and sporty clothes are no longer a statement of my interests but the sloppy look of a tired mother. So, I bought myself some mascara. It's a small step I realize. But in putting it on I feel prettier in my sweatpants with my stretch marks and flabby stomach. It's kind of like repainting the outside of your messy house. Buy some make-up, a new shirt, suck it in, and voila a new woman!

4 comments:

Leo and Kim said...

Kelly, you make me laugh. You are always a gorgeous, sporty mama!

jorden9879 said...

Kelly I was so happy to get your comment on my blog. I didn't know you had a blog. Sara Parsons got me started, she pretty much set it up for me. It is a great way to keep it touch. I was laughing so hard reading your post. You are being way to hard on yourself, you are a beautiful girl! Motherhood does change some things to say the least. Well worth it!

The Parsons' blog said...

uh Hello! I just found your blog! Yay! and oh man I just laughed at this post (especially the part about two things that used to be so perky - I hear you girl!). Well, I'm adding you to my list. I was hoping for a picture of you with your "make-up" and by the way you don't need it.

zanoh and co. said...

Kelly, you are so hilarious! I think you are beautiful...with or without makeup! As Hannah once told me, "you are fancy just the way you are"! !

Maybe we need a bigger pool...

Maybe we need a bigger pool...

My big guy

My big guy

Daddy and Ky in the snow

Daddy and Ky in the snow

Nana and Cade Cade

Nana and Cade Cade

Dason loves sledding

Dason loves sledding
He was going the whole time, loved it!

Catch a glimpse of our crazy family!!!

Thanks for stopping by. Wish we could share a cup of mocha together and just talk. It's hard when everyone decides to move away and start their only family after college. What's up with that? Me and Brett are working on buying our own island and then everyone we know and love could come live there and we would never be apart again. Until then, we will communicate through technology like the rest of the world. If you know Jesus we will all be reunited in heaven anyway and that's way better than the whole island plan because those cost a lot of money and Brett isn't good at saving it. I am always trying to get him to save money and not spend it but he always blows it on frivolous things. (if you know Brett, you know that's a total joke; the man could be in the middle of the desert parched and not spring for a glass of water)

All Packed up

All Packed up
Loaded down with kids and gear

Sitting around the Campfire

Sitting around the Campfire
All the boys

Kylin

Kylin
I love dirt!

Camping at Bodega Bay

Camping at Bodega Bay
DeVries and Reeds
Welcome to our family's page